biblicalThe following essays are primarily exegetical and expository in nature, discussing various biblical passages and themes.
- "Baptism in Matthew and Mark"
an exploration of the theologies of baptism within the Gospel narratives
- "Cast Down the Peoples, O God"
a meditation on Psalm 56
- "The Doers of the Law"
a reflection on Romans 2:13
- "'Holy Children' in 1 Corinthians 7:14"
a discussion of the passage with some implications for paedobaptism
- "Mark's Jesus and Our Suffering"
how Mark's story of Jesus as the suffering son of God brings meaning to our own sufferings
- "Matthean Apocalypse and the Parable of the Talents"
an investigation of Jesus' parable within the context of the Olivet Discourse
- "Pentecost, Baptism, and the Promise to Children"
a discussion of Peter's Pentecost sermon and the practice of paedobaptism
- "'Zdq' in Isaiah"
some analysis of the use and semantic of "zdq"-related words in Isaiah